Application Access Settings
The My Health Record system is capable of allowing software applications (including mobile device applications) to have access to information in your My Health Record (with the appropriate consent). For example, with your consent a third-party software application may be able to download information that is in your record, display this information in different ways and send information to your record (e.g. by creating a Personal Health Summary within the application).
This page contains information on:
- How to allow a mobile device application to have access to My Health Record;
- How to revoke an application’s access to My Health Record; and
- How to find the ‘Application Access Settings’ screen.
To allow a mobile device application to have access to your My Health Record you will need to do this within your mobile device application. To authenticate yourself, you will be presented with a myGov username and password screen followed by a secret question and answer page. After authenticating, you will then be presented with a consent page which asks whether you allow the application to have access to your My Health Record.
If you change your mind after you have allowed a mobile device application to access your My Health Record, you can revoke that application’s access. If you decide to revoke access, it is important to note that information that has previously been accessed may still be retained by the application.
To revoke access you will need to navigate to the ‘Application Access Settings’ screen by selecting ‘App Access’ from the first page you see when you login to the My Health Record system via myGov (where you can choose to open your own record, or other records which you can access).
The following steps outline the process to revoke a mobile device application’s access:
- Click on the ‘App Access’ link in the top right hand corner of the first page you see when you login to the My Health Record system via myGov (where you can choose to open your own record, or other records which you can access).
- Find the mobile device application for which you would like to revoke access, then click on ‘Revoke Access’ which is located on the right of the screen. This will open a new screen named ‘Manage application access settings’.
Note: if you have clicked ‘Revoke Access’ for an application on a particular type of device, this will revoke access of the application for that particular type of device only.
- Click on the ‘Revoke Access’ button located at the bottom of the ‘Manage application access settings’ screen.
- Click ‘Confirm’ on the ‘Confirmation of revoking application access’ pop-up.
Note: if you decide to limit access to your My Health Record by revoking access to a mobile application, this will not apply to any previous information already accessed by the mobile device application. You can allow access again by re-entering your myGov username and password and by giving your consent for the application to have access to your My Health Record.